From Intense Ragnarok Online Wiki
|Changes At:||Al De Baran|
|Number of Skills:||15|
|Total Skill Points:||82|
|Total Quest Skills:||1|
The Alchemist is a class which optimizes Potion Creation and Homunculus, as well as various other potion-related skills. They are a class which work for the benefit of their friends and strike terror into the hearts of their foes (armor).
See Alchemist Job Change Guide for detailed information.
Changing into an Alchemist from a Merchant requires the player to complete a number of tasks:
- Item Collection
- Written Test
- Transformation Experiment
After completing these tests, the player will be transformed into an Alchemist.
The weapon used is primarily based upon one's build. For example, an Alechemist prioritizing AGI and ASPD should generally use Sabers. Those preferring to maximize damage are better suited with Axes. The following is a listing of the most common weapons and why they are beneficial.
The Saber, a type of One-Handed Sword, is one of the most common weapons amongst battle Alchemists primarily due to the relatively low ASPD delay as well as the benefit of 3 slots while maintaining high ATK. The biggest drawback to this weapon is that the player will be unable to benefit from having a Blacksmith partner, which is relatively rare.
Because of the skill Axe Mastery, it is evident that one will be able to bring out optimal damage from an Axe. However, Axes have a large ASPD delay, which means they whack slow but hard. On the postive side, players using Axes can not only benefit from Axe Mastery but also a Blacksmith partner. Similarily, Two-Handed Axes have the largest ATK of weapons forgable by Blacksmiths, making them the best choice for elemental weapons. However, the limitations of Card Slots and/or ASPD means players should really study these weapons before making a full investment.
- Spell Weapons
Light Epsilon - Axe that allows the use of Level 3 Heal.
• Lv Req. 44 • Atk 180 • Holy Property • Demon Bonus Dmg 3%
Fireblend : Sword that allows the use of level 3 Fire Bolt
• Lv Req. 40 • Atk 100 • Fire Property • Chance of using Lv 3 Fire Bolt automatically while attacking without the use of SP.
Ice Falchion : Sword that allows the use of level 3 Cold Bolt
• Lv Req. 40 • Atk 100 • Water Property • Chance of using Lv 3 Cold Bolt automatically while attacking without the use of SP
• 5% Chance of freezing opponent while Attacking. • 1% Chance of getting frozen while attacking.
Tomahawk : Axe that allows the use of level 1 Tomahawk Throwing
• Lv Req. 44 • Atk 165 • Wind Property
The first three of the above weapons are beneficial for INT built Alchemists and Brewers.
Remember to avoid basing builds on any particular armor, specifically one that occupies the headgear or body slots. This allows for more versatile characters that can easily change these armors for an array of benefits.
- Saint's Robe
This is particularly a good armor for those who have Priests because they can share the gear between characters while maintaining decent DEF. However, to optimize Alchemist DEF, Chain Mails are much better.
• Lv Req. 01 • Weight 060 • Defense +6 • Mdef +5
- Chain Mail
A readily available piece of armor which offers some of the best DEF. Players who plan on having their Alchemist as their main character should have one or two of these sufficiently upgraded and carded.
• Lv Req. 01 • Weight 330 • Defense +8
- Lord's Clothes
The best, most expensive, and hardest to find armor for Alchemist. It has the same DEF as the Chain Mail, and it weights considerably less. The only drawback of this wonderful armor is the level requirement.
• Lv Req. 70 • Weight 250 • Defense +8 • Mdef +5 • Int +1
- Muffler or Manteau
A Muffler is probably a player's first choice of a carded armor for the shoulders if and only if the player lacks the funds and has other characters. Mufflers can be worn by most classes. For optimizing DEF however, one should use a Manteau. 2 of the most wanted cards for Manteaus and Mufflers are Whisper and Raydric.
The Pauldron is recommended only when you have lots of money. Since you only get a slight boost on the DEF, you don't really need to get it. Specially since the Required level for it is 80. But if you have the money, the level and want the extra Def, Go for it!
- Shoes or Boots
A pair of Shoes are a cheaper effective foot gear for most players and most classes can wear shoes. However, to optimize DEF one should use Boots. There are several types of cards for shoes.
Manuals and the skill Prepare Potion are needed to begin making potions. All of the manuals can be found in Al De Baran and all with the exception of the Condensed Potion Manual are 100,000z each (240,000 for the Condensed Potion Manual.) Empty Potion Bottles and Testubes are sold at the Mage guild in Northwest Geffen. Medicine Bowls are also sold in Al De Baran. Scells are sold in the Geffen Tool Shop for 160z each. All other items are monster drops and must be hunted for. Refer to Potion Materials Hunting Guide for a basic idea of where to hunt for these items.
Potions creation math is still disputed however, the following equation appears to be most accurate at the moment.
- +20% : Red Potion, Yellow Potion, White Potion
- +10% : Alcohol
- +0% : Acid Bottle, Mine Bottle/Marine Sphere Bottle, Bottle Grenade, Plant Bottle
- -5% : Blue Potion, Anodyne, Aloevera, Embryo, Elemental Potions
- -10% : Slim White Potion, Glistening Coat
The following chances are disputed:
- -5% or -10% : Slim Red Potion
- -7% or -10% : Slim Yellow Potion (Between -7% and -8%)
|Potion||Creation Potion Type||Items|
Potion Materials Hunting Guide
- Red Herb : Best from Familiars (Payon Caves) or Red Plants.
- Yellow Herb : Best from Bonguns (Payon Caves) or Yellow plants.
- White Herb : Best from Ghouls (Glast Heim Abbey & Churchyard), White Plants, Blazers and Lava Golems in Magma Dungeon.
- Blue Herb : Found throughout Rune-Midgard, mainly through Blue Plants, Goats or Nightmares.
- Alcohol : Found primarily off Mushrooms.
- Stem : Mandragoras and Floras (near Prontera).
- Poison Spore : Poison spores (near Alberta).
- Cactus Needle : Mukas (near Morroc).
- Mole Whiskers : Martins (two upper levels of Coal Mines).
- Witch Starsand : Bathories (Clock Tower Basement level 4).
- Fabric : Whispers (Glast Heim or )
- Maneater Blossom : Geographers (Einbroch fields) or Floras (near Prontera).
- Tendon : Marine Spheres (lower levels of Izlude Dungeon).
- Detonator : Marine Spheres (lower levels of Izlude Dungeon).
- Immortal Heart : Verits (Pyramids).
- Zenorc Fang : Zenorcs (Orc Dungeon level 2).
- Heart of Mermaid : Obeaunes (Izlude Dungeon level 3).
- Empty Bottles : Generally found from low level monsters, i.e. Porings, Ant Eggs. Not dropped by monsters on Valkyrie server.
- Honey : Generally found from Bigfoots and Turtles.
- Aloe : Red Plants.
- Ment : Green Plants.
All other goods and where they can be bought
- Empty Potion Bottles : Found in the Mage Guild in Northwest Geffen.
- Empty Testube : Found in the Mage Guild in Northwest Geffen.
- Scell : Found in the Geffen Tool Shop in Southwest Geffen.
- Medicine Bowl : Found in the Alchemist Guild in Southwest Al De Baran.
- Red Potion : Found in any toolshop in any town map.
- Yellow Potion : Found in any toolshop in any town map.
- White Potion : Found in any toolshop in any town map.
For Brewers there is a system in which players are ranked based on who can create the most potions.
- Rank Point +1: 3 Condensed Potions created without failure in a row.
- Rank Point +3: 5 Condensed Potions created without failure in a row.
- Rank Point +10: 7 Condensed Potions created without failure in a row.
- Rank Point +50: 10 Condensed Potions created without failure in a row.
Alchemist ranks can be checked via usage of the "/alchemist" command ingame. Potions made by an Alchemist/Biochemist who is in the top 10 list will receive a 50% bonus to their potency. This does not apply to potions used via Aid Potion or Aid Condensed Potion.
The Homunculus is a pet that kills, supports, and does stuff for its master. An Embryo, from which a Homunculus will be born, can be created via Prepare Potion with the following materials from the Al De Baran Alchemist guild:
Once an Embryo has been created (or purchased from another player), use the skill Call Homunculus to receive 1 of 4 types of Homunculus. The Homunculus received is random, and each type has two sprite variations. Much like pets, Homunculi need to be fed or they will run away.
See Homunculus System for more information
Below are listed the skills that are unique to the Alchemist class. For more information about Merchant skills, click here.
|Throw an Bleeding with a chance.to deal up to 300% armour-ignoring, always-hitting damage to a single target. Also, destroy their armour and/or cause||5||Active|
|Throw a HP or SP recovery., , , or potion at a friendly target or yourself for up to 150% effectivness of it's||5||Supportive|
|Use aon yourself or an ally to protect their weapon from being stolen or destroyed.||5||Supportive|
|Passively increase damage you deal with axes.||10||Passive|
|Use aon yourself or an ally to protect their headgear from being stolen or destroyed.||5||Supportive|
|Throw aat the ground to create a 3*3 cell fire damaging enemies that step into it and breaking their weapons with a chance.||5||Active|
|Increases your chance to successfully make a potion. Also, increases effectiveness of potions you drink.||10||Passive|
|Create potions from herbs and various other ingredients.||10||Supportive|
|Create up to 5 friendly plant-type monsters with a.||5||Supportive|
|Use ato create a marine sphere that will explode on taking damage.||5||Supportive|
|Use aon yourself or an ally to protect their shield from being stolen or destroyed.||5||Supportive|
|Use aon yourself or an ally to protect their armour from being stolen or destroyed.||5||Supportive|
|Skill||Description||Levels||Type|| Job Level
|Allows the learning of Homunculus Skills||1||Passive||N/A||Bioethics Quest|
The Alchemist Skill Quests give Alchemists access to the Homunculus skill tree by granting the Bioethics skill. In addition, it allows them to obtain a new Creation Guide to create Elemental Resistance Potions using their Prepare Potion skill.
|Summon an existing Homunculus that was stored by using the Vaporize skill.||1||Supportive|
|Revive a Homunculus that has been defeated in battle.||5||Supportive|
|Stores the caster's Homunculus.||1||Supportive|
For more info, see the Alchemist Spirit page.
|Allows the caster to throw Berserk potions to friendly targets.||1||Supportive|
|Attempt to create 200 white potions||1||Active|
|Attempt to create 200 condensed white potions||1||Active|
|Attempt to create 100 Alcohol, 50 Acid Bottles and 50 Bottle Grenades||1||Active|
The Levels in which you receive a certain bonus
|Weapon||Base ASPD||Base Delay|
|Novice Class||Novice · High Novice · Super Novice · Extended Super Novice|
|First Class||Acolyte · Archer · Magician · Merchant · Swordman · Thief|
|Second Class||Priest · Monk · Hunter · Bard · Dancer · Wizard · Sage · Blacksmith · Alchemist · Knight · Crusader · Assassin · Rogue|
|Transcendent Second Class||High Priest · Champion · Sniper · Clown · Gypsy · High Wizard · Professor · Whitesmith · Creator · Lord Knight · Paladin · Assassin Cross · Stalker|
|Third Class||Arch Bishop · Sura · Ranger · Minstrel · Wanderer · Warlock · Sorcerer · Mechanic · Geneticist · Rune Knight · Royal Guard · Guillotine Cross · Shadow Chaser|
|Expanded Class||Gunslinger · Ninja · TaeKwon Kid · TaeKwon Master · Soul Linker|