From Intense Ragnarok Online Wiki
Failed to write [filename]" or "Failed to extract [filename]" / iRO Patcher does not start/run?
UAC tends to block or prevent the transmission of data for games like RO and can be either bypassed or disabled should you encounter problems. This is only for Windows Vista and Windows 7.
To Disable UAC in Windows Vista (This will apply to all computer settings, not just for RO, so be sure you wish to disable this service):
- 1. Go to the start menu, and click on "Run". Type in "MSCONFIG" and press enter.
- 2. Click on the Tools tab. Scroll down until you see "Disable UAC." Click this entry once to highlight it.
- 3. Press the Launch button.
- 4. A black command window will open. When the command is done, you can close the window.
- 5. Close MSCONFIG. You need to reboot the computer for changes to apply.
You can re-enable UAC by going through these steps again and selecting "Enable UAC" line and then clicking on the Launch button.
To Disable UAC in Windows 7 (This will apply to all computer settings, not just for RO, so be sure you wish to disable this service):
- 1.) Windows Button > Control Panel and find "Action Center". You may have to select "All Control Panel Icons" for
this to show up.
- 2.) In this new window, move the slider to the "Never notify" position, and then click OK. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. You will need to restart your computer for UAC to be turned off.
To turn UAC back on, move the slider to choose when you want to be notified, and then click OK.
If you're still having difficulties after this, feel free to post your issue at our forum.